Application 2 is complete and on it's way to the adoption agency. This is both exciting and a bit scary. From this point on, fundraising becomes a very important factor in the progression of the adoption. There are numerous fees associated with the various steps in the process as well as fees associated with the adoption agency itself. I would like to thank those who have already donated to our adoption fund. It is because of you that we will be able to help a child and bring him home.The following is a list of some upcoming fees associated with this process:
$120 International Adoption Seminar (Required)
$3,500 Program Management Fee #1
$1,500 Home Study
$3,500 Program Management Fee #2
$500 Refundable Deposit (Upon Approval of Home Study)
$250 Dossier coordniation fee
$400 Initial dossier processing fee
$350 Dossier translation fee
$300 Dossier authentication fee
$670 USCIS fees, I-600A/I-800A
$160 USCIS fees, fingerprints
$800 USCIS fees, N-600 and N-565
$2,000 International fee-first installment
$255 Post Placement translation fee
$2,500 Orphanage donation
$2,000 International fee-second installment
$1,200 Child's medical exam, US Visa and return air fare
$10,000 Two required trips to Ethiopia ($5,000 each trip)
$1,400 Post Placement Fee
$1,500 Finalization
$ 1,000 Miscellaneous
These are the fees we know about. I'm sure there's some fees in the paperwork somewhere that I may have missed. Either way, we are looking for any fundraising ideas you may have. Our next fundraiser is Saturday, May 22, 2010. We are seeking donations of items that you may just want to get out of your house. We are going to take those items off your hands and sell them at a garage sale which will be held at our house. Contact either of us for details. All money made from your gifts will go to the adoption fund.
I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support throughout our process. Even though the second application is done and on it's way, the road ahead is still long and bumpy.
Thanks everyone,
JK
No comments:
Post a Comment